TRACES OF SANDING PAPER IN A TOPCOAT
- Sanding of the primer with unsuitable (too rough) abrasive paper.
- Sanding with unsuitable (too rough) abrasive paper on old lacquering.
- Insufficient putty isolation prior to application of topcoat.
- Too low viscosity of topcoat.
- Use abrasive paper of prescribed grit.
- Sand rough cracks with a fine abrasive paper.
- Isolate thoroughly puttied repairs with a filler.
- Follow the prescribed viscosities of top coats.
Repair of incurred defect:
- Sand to bare metal and repeat painting of a primer according to instructions.